2017 has seen yet another positive season of growth for the class however we are still striving to offer more racing for you guys so we are organising another year of nationwide events in the form of a National Travellers series that will offer an event close to where you are. We are also keen to advertise any club events that you might be putting on, you never know who live just round the corner and they might turn up, race and join your club. So if you have an event that you’d like us to promote please send us the details and we’ll post it up for you.
This page will be updated with upcoming events for the DF65 and DF95 classes. It will also contain the Notice of Race (NoR)documents for the events when we are sent them.
To keep the events list up to date we will delete the details of each event after it has happened and the results will be posted on the results page.
If your club fancies holding an event then please take a look at the calendar and let us know if you can fill in some of the gaps!
2018 DF Racing TT Series
Full details of this series can be found by clicking here.
Birkenhead Race Series Dates 2018
The historic Birkenhead club have organised a few DF / RG race dates for 2018 including the Northern District Championship in mid September.
Dates below, details will appear on the Birkenhead club website
There are 4 races and your best 3 count.
11am start—–4.45ish finish
September 15th – Northern District DF65 Championships – Not part of the above series, more details to follow.
Invicta Trophy @ Chipstead
Some of you have seen a NoR for this event which suggests that it is a counting round of the DF TT series, please note that it is not. The next round is, as scheduled, at Coalhouse Fort RYC the following week.
In the meantime, for all of you guys based in the South East please see below the details and NoR for the 2018 Invicta Trophy.
Notice of Race for Dragon Force Yacht Invicta Trophy event
to be held at
Chipstead Sailing Club on 10th March 2018
Host Club: Chipstead S/C Radio Sailing.
- Event Schedule Registration from 08.45 10th March 2018
Briefing approximately 09.45
Racing will commence immediately after Briefing
No race will start after 16.00hrs. Last Race to be decided on the
day dependent upon light
- Location Chipstead Lake Chipstead Sailing Club near Sevenoaks Kent. Entrance from roadway TN13 2RZ. Chipstead Sailing Club Car Park TN13 2SD. Detailed location map can be seen on the Chipstead Sailing Club web site.
- Entry and Eligibility
Entry is open to all members of MYA affiliated Clubs and to members of foreign clubs affiliated to a Delegated National Member of IRSA. Preferably, enter directly on-line via the MYA Racing Calendar. Go to https://mya-uk.co.uk/events and find the relevant event. Alternatively, e-mail or post your entry to Peter Crisp at the address given below.
Peter Crisp email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Crisp address is 9 Florence Road Maidstone Kent ME16 8EN
The final closing date for receipt of entries is 10th March 2018. It would be helpful if those who intend to race advise the above at an earlier date.
- Entry Fees – Event entry fees are £5.00 payable on the day at Registration.
- Sailing Instructions – This event will be run under the current version of the Racing Rules of Sailing and the MYA SSI’s. The Race Officer reserves the right to use Observers drawn from the competitors.
- Entry List, Sail Numbers and Frequency Allocation will be posted on the day at Chipstead Sailing Club
- Accommodation – There are a number of Hotels in the Sevenoaks area. Tents can be accommodated in the Car Park.
- Parking – Car Parking at the Chipstead Sailing Club.
- Refreshments – Hot refreshments will be available for a small charge at Lunchtime within the Chipstead Sailing Club Clubhouse.
- General Info – Boat Launching from the Chipstead Sailing Club Jetties. A Buoyancy aid will be required when on the Jetties. Some buoyance aids will be available at the Jetties entrance.
- If you have any further queries please contact Peter Crisp 01622 693174 or email email@example.com
ND DF65 Winter Series @ West Lancs YC
A six date series hosted by West Lancs YC, well attended racing at one of the UK’s premier venues. The racing is shared with the ND Laser fleet and keeps your skills sharp!
7th Jan 2018 RC Laser and Dragon 65
21st Jan 2018 RC Laser and Dragon 65
4th Feb 2018 RC Laser and Dragon 65 TT NB there will be strict access times due to a 10k run on Marine Drive
18th Feb 2018 RC Laser and Dragon 65
4th Mar 2018 RC Laser and Dragon 65
19th Mar 2018 RC Laser and Dragon 65
Frozen Bits @ Coalhouse Fort
The ever popular Coalhouse Fort RYC are mid way through their Frozen Fingers and Frozen Feet series for both DF65 and DF95.
For full details and remaining dates please check out the CHF website.