We have had word from the Eastbourne Club regarding the Travellers Series events over the weekend of the 1st & 2nd April. use the drop down menu to view the event NoR’s or click here to take a look.
Make it your goal to enter the Fleetwood TT event this weekend, the Notice of Race is published and the entry is open, check out the event page here.
We hope to have the Eastbourne event detail very soon as well as details and online entry for both the DF65 and DF95 Nationals.
Evening folks, just a quick note to let you know that the next rounds of the DF Racing TT series which take place at Chipstead and Coalhouse Fort over the weekend of the 11th & 12th March have opened for entries. The event page can be accessed here and includes NoR’s and entry details for both events.
We will get the Fleetwood event details online as soon as we have them.
So the first DFRUKNCA has taken place over the last few weeks and several topics have been voted on.
The results of the voting can be found on the AGM page.
Thanks to all those who took the time and voted.
Saturday dawned dull and cold for the first event of the 2017 DF Travellers Trophy (TT) Series held at the West Lancs Yacht Club on Southport Marine Lake. 23 DF95’s made it to the startline on and were rewarded with 16 races in prime A rig conditions.
John Tushingham scored 9 bullets today and deserved the win, we just can’t compete with that level of consistency. The now infamous darkside 95 was skippered into an excellent 2nd place by Peter Spence with John Brierley rounding out the podium in 3rd place.
17 brave DF65 skippers took to the water on Sunday. The northerly wind was brutally cold and only 8 races were completed over the course of the day with the DF65 fleet alternating with the laser fleet which were also enjoying the bitter winds! This turned out to be a great move as it allowed us to have a 20min race in the freezing cold and a 20 min warm up in the wonderfully warm clubhouse at West Lancs!
Ken Binks was on fire today in the 65’s pushing John Tushingham till the last race, almost had him, almost!
Weekend Wrap Up
- So, John Tushingham continues to lead the way in both the DF65 & DF95 Fleets but looking at the results from Sunday we almost got him drunk enough on Saturday night! 😉
- Derek Priestley, Ken Binks and John Brierley sailed consistently well throughout the weekend to post good results on both days. They’ve certainly laid down a marker for the rest of the TT series.
- We must again thank the West Lancs Yacht Club for putting on such a well organised event, thanks to the lads doing the scoring and the rescue boat duties and thanks as always to Alan Tickle. Top man!
- Liz Tushingham knocked it out of the park with home baked cookies on Saturday and devilishly good chocolate cake on the Sunday which was consumed, in short order, by the entire fleet, in honour of John Tushingham 60th Birthday!
- Thanks to Sue Brown for the pictures and Tony for his video’s and report on Yachts & Yachting
- So that was the first event, lots more to come, see you on the water 🙂
We are now on 23 skippers for Saturday and 19 for Sunday, check out who’s coming here.
Looks like it could be a good weekend wind wise but there might be a little dampness so bring some foulies too!
The club will be open on Friday PM for some practice should you need any….
We will also have a preview of the DF Racing UK Dinghy Show stand which we reckon looks great.
Entries are still open for both days, send them through and we’ll add you to the list.
See you there!