With new Government restrictions announced last evening we have some news regarding upcoming events on the DF Racing calendar. Please see the information below which clarifies the DF Racing position and updates the status of the next TT event.
“You will all be aware of the significant risks and disruption caused by the Coronavirus COVID-19.
This situation is very fluid and countries are taking drastic action to slow down the spread and impact of the virus which include travel and social interaction restrictions as well as advice on personal protection.
The DFRacingUK NCA Committee have discussed this topic at length and agree that the advice of the UK Government, the MYA and the host Clubs will determine the fate of upcoming TT Events.
Following updated guidance issued by the authorities earlier today we have discussed the upcoming TTs events with the respective host clubs.
Following discussion between the event organisers from Gosport MYBC and the DFRacingUK committee it has been decided to cancel round 3 of the TT in Gosport this coming weekend to protect the participants, organisers and public as much as possible. Gosport MYBC will be in contact with the current entrants very soon.
A further discussion is being held with Lincoln regarding the event in April and we will issue an update on that soon.
A final decision on the event in Garda scheduled for mid May will be made during April and communicated at that point. The Andrew Simpson Foundation who are the organisers are not opening their offices until early May due to the Italian restrictions, this being subject to change based on local guidance, and will make the decision based on local advice.
Current estimates and predictions would suggest that we should expect some events to be disrupted and we will inform you as and when this happens.
One last point to note is that the decision to attend an event or not is up to the individual participant. If you are already entered into an event and feel that you no longer want to attend then please make contact with the organising club, and while at an event you should take all necessary precautions.
We also ask that anyone who believes that they may have been exposed to the virus to stay away from the event to help protect others.
Please stay safe everyone.
DFRacing UK NCA Committee”
If you had an entry in for the Gosport event this coming weekend then you should have had an email from the club, if you haven’t had it then please find it copied below.
We have tried our best to host Round 3 of the DF65 TT at Gosport this weekend.
Unfortunately, the latest advice from the UK Government that came out today asks people to avoid Travel as well as Social Interaction where possible. Many of you are travelling some distance and will come into contact with a lot of other people. This is also the advice from the DF Association, and, as we have a duty of care to you all, we are cancelling the event.
The Association will try and reschedule the event for later in the year subject to there being space in the club’s calendar and life having returned to normal.
You must be logged in to post a comment.